In April 1934 Mr. C. Gibson Ford founded a firm known as National Boiler Improvement Company, located in Washington
Mr. Ford realized the need for a product holding high temperatures and pressures on turbine joints, diesel engines cylinder
heads and other superheated steam pressures. After considerable research he located a product in Germany that met his
basic requirements. Foreseeing the possibility of war he began the development of a similar product to be made domestically.
After several years of research a resin was developed.
In June 1937, the company name was changed to National Engineering Products, Incorporated and in 1938 began production
of a totally domestically made COPALTITE.
COPALTITE has been on the Qualified Product List of the United States Navy and other U.S. Government agencies since
Mr. W.F. Peterson joined the company and upon Mr. Ford's death in 1943, assumed ownership and became President
of the firm. Under Mr. Peterson's leadership the company continued to prosper and add additional products.
With the passing of Mr. Peterson in 1960, his wife Fay M. Peterson took over and headed the firm unitl her death
in 1991. National Engineering Products, Incorporated is now run by their daughter Gail M. Peterson.